Alternative to Riak?

Alex De la rosa
Hi there,

As Riak's future is uncertain and despite I love it as it covers everything I was needing, I'm on the look for another NoSQL DB that replaces it for my project. What are your suggestions? Some of my requirements (Riak features) would be:

1. Master-less (all nodes can read/write)
2. Schema-less (except if I need a SOLR-style custom index for a certain bucket)
3. Replication
4. Counters, Sets, Maps...
5. Python client instead of REST interface
6. Indexing (SOLR-like) for background data analysis
7. Self-hosted (for example, DynamoDB adds latency to my communications)

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Alternative to Riak?

Christopher Meiklejohn-2
The Antidote project, developed on top of Riak Core, has many of these
properties and is under continuing development by a group in France,
Belgium, Portugal, and Germany.

https://github.com/syncfree/antidote

It's a research project at the moment, but we're working on making it
industrial grade.  It shares many of the same (or better) properties:
CRDTs, causal consistency, designed for geo-replication; however,
doesn't have search functionality and only has limited client
libraries at the moment.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have about it.

Thanks,
Christopher