[ANN] Riak KV 2.2.3 is now available

Charlie Voiselle

Today we are pleased to release Riak KV 2.2.3. Riak KV 2.2.3 is the latest bug-fix package for our current feature release, and continues Basho’s commitment to our customers and community to develop and deliver a highly resilient, high-performance, key-value database.

In fixing a riak and riak-admin issue, we inadvertently used a Bash-specific script variable ($RANDOM), causing the riak attach and riak top commands to fail on Ubuntu when /bin/sh is aliased to Dash.

We opted to release a full bugfix version because of a small shell script bug that could impact all platforms;  there is no impact to the operation and data in the riak cluster.  These errors could cause certain riak-admin and riak commands to fail to start.

This bugfix removes the use of $RANDOM, allowing all riak and riak-admin commands to function properly in Dash. Information about the specific fixes in this release can be found in the release notes[1].

Downloading Riak KV 2.2.3

  • Open Source users can download packages from the Downloads page[2].
  • Riak KV Enterprise customers can download Riak KV from your Zendesk page (valid Basho Zendesk account is required).
  • If you run Riak KV on AWS, you can also update to using the latest AMI.

As always, we would like to hear your feedback, suggestions or bug reports.

Best regards,
Charlie Voiselle
Senior Product Manager - Riak KV, Basho Technologies
@angrycub

[issue] - https://github.com/basho/node_package/pull/210
[1] - http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.3/release-notes/
[2] - http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.3/downloads/