[ANN] Riak KV 2.0.9 now available

Charlie Voiselle

Today we are pleased to release Riak KV 2.0.9. Riak KV 2.0.9 is the latest release in our long-term support version, and continues Basho’s commitment to our customers and community to develop and deliver a highly resilient, high-performance, key-value database. In KV 2.0.8 we fixed an  issue with nodetool, allowing it to work with SSL options in vm.args. However, in changing NODETOOL to an alias, four riak-admin commands (handoffgetset, and describe) that used exec to allow them to run properly on all of our supported operating systems, now produce the following error message when they are run:

[root@node1 ~]# riak-admin handoff
/usr/sbin/riak-admin: line xxxx: exec: NODETOOL: not found

This bugfix release resolves the issues with exec and NODETOOL, allowing handoffgetset, and describe to function properly. We have located the broken QA test that misidentified these commands as working and have corrected it for future releases. Information about the specific fixes in this release can be found in the release notes[1].

Riak KV 2.2.1 is impacted by a similar issue, and will be corrected by an upcoming 2.2.2 release.

Downloading Riak KV 2.0.9

  • Open Source users can download packages from the Downloads page[2].
  • Riak KV Enterprise customers can download Riak KV from your Zendesk page (valid Basho Zendesk account is required).
  • If you run Riak KV on AWS, you can also update to using the latest AMI.

As always, we would like to hear your feedback, suggestions or bug reports.

Best regards,
Charlie Voiselle
Senior Product Manager - Riak KV, Basho Technologies
@angrycub

[fixed] - https://github.com/basho/node_package/pull/183

[ANN] Riak KV 2.2.2 now available

Charlie Voiselle
Today we are pleased to release Riak KV 2.2.2. Riak KV 2.2.2 is the latest bug-fix package for our current feature release, and continues Basho’s commitment to our customers and community to develop and deliver a highly resilient, high-performance, key-value database. In KV 2.2.1 we fixed an  issue with nodetool, allowing it to work with SSL options in vm.args. However, in changing NODETOOL to an alias, four riak-admin commands (handoffgetset, and describe) that used exec to allow them to run properly on all of our supported operating systems, now produce the following error message when they are run:
[root@node1 ~]# riak-admin handoff
/usr/sbin/riak-admin: line xxxx: exec: NODETOOL: not found

This bugfix release resolves the issues with exec and NODETOOL, allowing handoffgetset, and describe to function properly. We have located the broken QA test that misidentified these commands as working and have corrected it for future releases. Information about the specific fixes in this release can be found in the release notes[1].

Downloading Riak KV 2.2.2