[ANN] Riak 2.9.0 - Release Candidate 2 Available

[ANN] Riak 2.9.0 - Release Candidate 2 Available

Martin Sumner
Release Candidate 2 for 2.9.0 is now available on github.  It is available to build from source here - https://github.com/basho/riak/tree/riak-2.9.0rc2.

The changes are mainly in two parts:

- Improvements and fixes to the leveled backend following further property-based testing;
- An uplift of mochiweb (the HTTP handler used by Riak), to take in general bug fixes, but also to allow for the receive buffer to be configurable to workaround an issue with receiving large HTTP headers (https://github.com/basho/riak_api/issues/123).

Thanks to all those who contributed to the release.   My current expectation is that the release will be finalised before the end of February.  Apologies again for the delay.

Regards

Martin (@masleeds)

RE: [ANN] Riak 2.9.0 - Release Candidate 2 Available

Nicholas Adams

Dear All,

Just a follow up to Martin’s email to say that packages are now available at https://files.tiot.jp/riak/kv/2.9/2.9.0rc2/ and that more will be coming soon.

Please be reminded that this is a release candidate and is probably not suitable for use in production. However, please use or abuse it in as many ways as possible in your test environments and report any issues on https://github.com/basho/riak/issues accordingly.

Best regards,

Nicholas

Re: [ANN] Riak 2.9.0 - Release Candidate 2 Available

zsolt.laky
Dear All,

Does anyone have experience on building RIAK on Power9 architecture? We want to have 2.2.6 built but it fails at compiling leveldb.

I will appreciate a pointer to get in touch with.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Zsolt