[ANN] Riak 2.0.0beta1

Tom Santero
Hello Riak Users,

The Basho Team is happy to release Riak 2.0.0-beta1. The source tarball and pre-built packages are available for download [0]. Note that we've added support for FreeBSD 10, and removed support for SmartOS 1.6.

By calling this version "beta" we consider this release feature frozen, as opposed to the previous pre-release builds which were still moving targets. Similar to the pre-releases, 2.0.0beta1 is not intended for production use, and may contain bugs. Over the coming weeks the Basho engineering team will continue testing Riak rigorously, to identify and squash any bugs that may have been introduced with the number of features we're excited to deliver.

As always, feedback from the community is invaluable. We strongly encourage you to download beta1, test it for yourself and report any issues you encounter via the mailing list or on GitHub.

You'll find a getting started with Riak 2.0 guide on the docs [1]. If you're completely new to 2.0 and the features we've added--such as bucket types, Solr, strong consistency and data types--you'll find links to the relevant documentation, supplementary reading materials and conference videos there.

Also note that as we head toward a GA release of Riak 2.0 the docs site is being updated on an almost-daily basis. Some features may not yet be fully documented. If you come across anything in the documentation that is incorrect, or even poorly worded, please feel free to open an issue or submit a pull request[2].

Regards,
Tom

Re: [ANN] Riak 2.0.0beta1

Jared Morrow
This is now fixed, sorry for the trouble.

-Jared

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's my fault, I had a script timeout on that package upload and I didn't notice it.  Sorry, it will be fixed shortly.

-Jared

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Andrew Zeneski <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;andrew@andrewzeneski.com&#39;);" target="_blank">andrew@...> wrote:
No more OS X builds?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Tom Santero <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;tsantero@basho.com&#39;);" target="_blank">tsantero@...> wrote:
[...]

What a relief! Thanks Jared, looking forward to trying out the beta!

On April 16, 2014 at 7:45:55 PM EDT, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is now fixed, sorry for the trouble.

-Jared

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's my fault, I had a script timeout on that package upload and I didn't notice it.  Sorry, it will be fixed shortly.

-Jared

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Andrew Zeneski <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','andrew@andrewzeneski.com');" target="_blank">andrew@...> wrote:
No more OS X builds?