400 on first request for stored key (or bucket contents) and 200 for subsequent request

400 on first request for stored key (or bucket contents) and 200 for subsequent request

Mårten Gustafson
1. I write a series of keys to a bucket on node A (using a simple java
client using the raw interface)
2. I request the key (using the raw interface from my browser) from
node B and immediately receive a 400
3. I reload the page in the browser and immediately receive a 200 OK
and the data

I use no R, W, DW flags whatsoever.
The bucket has n_val set to 3 (there's 3 nodes in the cluster, all up and well).

I then deleted all keys in the bucket, manually from my browser (using
the Poster Firefox plugin) and pointed my browser to the root url for
the bucket on all three nodes. Two of them responded with a 400 on the
first request and a 200 with the bucket contents on the second
attempt. The third node responded with a 200 on the first try.

I then sat down and wrote this email and when done, I (in my browser)
reloaded the bucket root url on all three nodes and immediatly
recevied a 400 on all three. A subsequent reload returned 200 and the
bucket contents.

Anyone got an idea?
Any other details I ought to provide?

regards
Mårten.

Re: 400 on first request for stored key (or bucket contents) and 200 for subsequent request

Mårten Gustafson
On 10 February 2010 17:11, Mårten Gustafson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1. I write a series of keys to a bucket on node A (using a simple java
> client using the raw interface)
> 2. I request the key (using the raw interface from my browser) from
> node B and immediately receive a 400
> 3. I reload the page in the browser and immediately receive a 200 OK
> and the data

Could these HTTP 400 responses be due to my browser caching or
otherwise sending strange requests?

/mårten.

Re: 400 on first request for stored key (or bucket contents) and 200 for subsequent request

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Mårten Gustafson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10 February 2010 17:11, Mårten Gustafson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 1. I write a series of keys to a bucket on node A (using a simple java
>> client using the raw interface)
>> 2. I request the key (using the raw interface from my browser) from
>> node B and immediately receive a 400
>> 3. I reload the page in the browser and immediately receive a 200 OK
>> and the data
>
> Could these HTTP 400 responses be due to my browser caching or
> otherwise sending strange requests?

Hi, Mårten.  It certainly does sound like your browser is adding
something to the request that you're not expecting.  That 400 response
should have included a body with text describing the error - did it
and what was it?

I'd suggest trying the same sequence, except using curl to do the
fetch in step 2 ("curl -i <a href="http://host:port/raw/BucketName">http://host:port/raw/BucketName").  Either
that will give you the same 400 error, with hopefully a little more
information, or it will succeed and we can focus on the browser.

By the way, which version of Firefox are you using?  Firebug version?

-Bryan