400 (bad request) on first GET after modifying a bucket

400 (bad request) on first GET after modifying a bucket

Alan McConnell-2
Getting some unexpected behavior here.  After storing a object (via the python client), the first GET request via Firefox on that object's bucket immediately returns a 400 bad request error.  The documentation doesn't list 400 as a valid response to a GET request so something weird is going on here.  The 400 response also contains no body text describing the error.  Subsequent requests return 200 with valid data.

I did find this old thread in the archive, but it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere:

There's a response from Bryan in that thread that asks if this was a version of Firefox with Firebug installed.  I can confirm that this seems to only happen in Firefox w/ Firebug.  I can't repro this in Chrome or with a python client request.

Any ideas?

-Alan

Re: 400 (bad request) on first GET after modifying a bucket

Mårten Gustafson
Hi Alan,

As the originator of the referenced thread I can confirm that it's a client problem - at least as far as I can tell.

Only seen it in FF with Firebug, never once had it when using cURL or the Riak Java client.

/Mårten

On 2 apr 2010, at 00.12, Alan McConnell <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Haven't looked into it myself. I simply dismissed it as bad behaviour from the FF/FB combo.

If you're keen on investigating I suggest you use something like Charles or Wireshark to trace the traffic.

/Mårten