1022 error in RiakTS

C.S. Natarajan
Hi All, I have a 3 node cluster hosting a Riak TS database. During a query I run into a 1022 error. The characteristics of my data and other setup is below. I am trying to understand

1) the error and remedy
2) what are good conf setting for my case.

Data:
1 minute interval with 30 columns per minute. Indexed on time (quantum of 1d) and two other columns.

Query:
      avg(<some column>) where time > t1 and time < t2 and key1=<some val> and key2 =<someval>

Strangely enough, the query works when t2-t1 <= 5 days; however, for any duration longer than that I get a 1022 error (projected result of query is too big). I am using RiakTS v1.5 and it seems in this version this setting is controlled by riak_kv.query.timeseries.max_quanta_span (set to 5K/(1K actual?) ); so, is the result purely a coincidence?

w.r.t 1022 error: Docs say that max_returned_data_size is the parameter I can tune to fix this issue.
However, it seems this parameter controls the size of the result; so, Is there any reason I get this error code on a avg calculation?

I have not changed the max_returned_data_size setting to see if it will fix the issue; just trying to understand whether this is the size of the data scanned or size of the data returned

Finally, I have 1m interval data for a year and in a production setting I would like to go to 10s data for 3 years; Are there any recommended value for quanta I should be using?

I would really appreciate any insight/input into the issue and any recommendation on how to configure the table.

Best,
C.S.N